Connecting simulation professionals, enthusiasts, beginners and experts alike,
pairing with industry leaders, instructors, builders and parts manufacturers.
- Are you a Simulator enthusiast?
- Have you looked for or found solutions to improve simulation?
- Are you a large industry leader investing in the simulation ecosystem?
- Are you a small manufacturer, perhaps printing parts at home or coding specific functions into existing products?
- Are you an Instructor using flight simulation as an effective training tool?
- Are you a newbie just starting to enjoy your brand new flight simulator software and/or hardware?
- If you are any of the above, AFSBI is for you! Promoting and connecting the flight simulation community
AFSBI is the Flight Simulation Association, promoting the whole simulation ecosystem. Connecting simulation professionals, enthusiasts, beginners and experts alike, pairing with industry leaders, instructors, builders and parts manufacturers.
Encompassing simulation professionals, enthusiasts, beginners and experts alike, pairing with industry leaders, trainers, builders and parts manufacturers.
Offers an online meeting place, directories of items related to simulation, forums, free classifieds and essays and blogs from simulation experts and AFSBI staff.
Recognition, participation, content management and soon discounts, facilitation, online workshops and in-person training sessions.
Product testing, AFSBI Seal of Approval in recognition to outstanding products, research on innovative solutions
Our Ten Objectives in Summary
- The Association aims at promoting research, development and use of flight simulators both for personal use and for professional training purposes;
- The Association aims at supporting the growing number of builders and instructors specializing in flight simulator-based aviation;
- The Association aims at supporting its members, connecting them to vendors, organizers and other industry partners to provide member-tailored discounts and other benefits;
- The Association aims at organizing, in collaboration with existing structures, annual gatherings of members and interested parties, either independently or in conjunction with other relevant events;
- The Association maintains an online, interactive and user-updated directory of simulators and simulator components, users, vendors, instruction providers, flight simulator communities, and online references;
- The Association provides a classified section for members to be able to exchange products, services, and commercial or self-built simulator components;
- The Association portrays and promotes innovative research and work done by members internationally;
- The Association provides outreach services via a website and social media participation;
- The Association supports a research Lab for product testing and reccomendation;
- The Association aims at providing a link between researchers, developers, builders and users, and Government and Non-Government organizations such as the FAA, ICAO, AOPA, EAA, education institutions and others. Though these links, the Association aims at improving existing policies, promote standards and influence future trends in fostering flight simulation for flight training. The Association will aim at providing support with certification of new simulators and their components.